Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Winifred

Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;10095
The thread on the group has in fact been deleted.

Sorry for overreacting and getting freaked out, I just have to admit I never really feel safe here, and especially now with my involvement in the case.

Absolutely, you need to be careful.  Aside from being on the bad side of a powerful family, you are in one of the world's most dangerous cities.  Sadly, the marvelous city is not what it was when I was a university student at PUC in 1979.  The awesome fotos on your blog do trigger saudades, however.

Offline mfer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 12:55:34 PM »

Sorry for overreacting and getting freaked out, I just have to admit I never really feel safe here, and especially now with my involvement in the case.

No apologies necessary.  You have every reason to be concerned.  Good job getting it deleted.  We all want you to be safe & free from any problems from the LES.

Offline riceandbeans

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »

It is always good to get it off of your chest and be cautious.  You know, it's Brazil and I think that is one reason why, even knowing the truth, most Brazilians (the poor classes maily) don't get "physically involved".  It is a big sharks fight and the little fish get scared. I admire you.

Offline flytrapgirl

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
Rachael stay safe and I love your website.  I visit it almost everyday

Offline caique mateus

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »
Rachel,

Forget what I said. Do what Roger said, go to the police. I've read about this ciber crimes division, they are very active.

Offline beerstuber

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »
The Okurt sit is a pitty fest for like minded folks.

They delete everything that does not support their socio-effective point of view.

I just got banned again and all of my comments are gone.  They were mildly contrary and unoffensive.

It is abundantly clear that they do not want the truth.  It is abundantly obvious that they only care about the ride they are on no matter where it takes them.

The federal court in Brazil will decide this case based on the Hague Convention regardless of what the phyco sit and spinners want to believe.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 07:17:54 PM »
Quote from: beerstuber;9885
Has anypne else been kicked out of the Orjut group?

I am happy to say that I have the honor of having been banned. Yippie.

Wendy, I am surprised that you haven't been kicked out yet.

I just signed up under another email and went to town all over again.

Well I just saw this and I went into Orkut and sure enough, I'm no longer a member and my posts have been removed. LOL!  Sad.
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline TomD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2009, 10:27:48 PM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;9824
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=60017730

A number of LeS supporters began a group on Orkut that means "Leave Sean alone." It has 333 members and a lot of them are the ones who did the protest on Sunday and are rallying for Sean to stay in Brazil.

What concerns me, however, is a post written specifically about me and my blog, essentially speculating that I'm illegal and working illegally as "David's spokesperson." (Obviously, I am not)

http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=60017730&tid=5314232081306627924&start=1

I've always been concerned that the LeS would go after me sometime, and now I must admit I'm more concerned. They've got bigger fish to fry, but they have me on their radar and that worries me.

They have obviously been recruiting people to join this Orkut group. But I think the blog about Rachel has been removed. Please play it safe, Rachel.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Offline carina

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2009, 10:38:54 PM »
Quote from: beerstuber;9885
Has anypne else been kicked out of the Orjut group?

I am  happy to say that I have the honor of having been banned.  Yippie.

Wendy, I am surprised that you haven't been kicked out yet.

I just signed up under another email and went to town all over again.

I have. And they also deleted my topic as well

Denise Figueiredo

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »
Hey Gringa,
You do need to be careful. I think the best is to have other brazilian blogs published with names of brazilians and "gringos". I don't know how to open a blog and don't use orkut. But, if anyone knows and wants to do it or guide me, we could all just register on it over night. That would make them feel like no matter how much they try to control, the things are just spreading out of their control. There are only so many people they can go after. We need to do it asap. :conf:
On another note, be careful, but move away from fear. That's what feeds them. Watched The Secret? If not, it is a good time for it! :cheer:

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
Quote from: liesl78;9833
Good Lord, is JPLS goes after bloggers now it's the end of the world, really.

Rachel, if you have anything in orkut open to the public (pictures, scrapbook, etc) I suggest you make it "friends only". Just to be cautious...

Funny you should say that. This is what I found on my Orkut profile:

"Recent visitors: REYNALDO LINS E SILVA, Joćo Paulo, Luca Bianchi "

Offline forsean

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 12:09:26 AM »
Didn't know if I should even mention this or if it even matters anymore, and wasn't going to post but before I signed off for the night (have been doing schoolwork all night, I'm so exhausted!) I thought I should anyway.  Seems like Luca, the brother, is telling more lies in Okrut (he's responding to someone else's post -- her post is first):

At first sight, entering the site of them, I was with the biological father with pity and even joined the orkut community.
But as I take greater knowledge of the facts, and seeing that people there are only interested in scolding and post attacks, typical militant radicals, without the slightest interest in the welfare of the child, I saw that this boy is better to stay here with your family that loves him.
I left there and come here with the conviction that is the side of truth.
Real dad is the one that creates, giving love, care, education, principles, which is next to every day!

Mar 8 Luca
Reply to Anna
Thanks Anna, this change means a lot to us! We want that the good boy! and we are constantly being threatened. Almost every day I receive emails scolding me and saying I am the next.
But I will not shut because of threats. We have to show what divuldar and eh the best for Sean.
Thanks
Luca.

Mar 8 Anna
Luca,
I know, I saw people in the community encouraging others to do this kind of thing.
That is no way to defend a cause.
If you are of the same opinion of them, great ....... but if they is not rock, xingam, threaten.
Talk that the boy has been brainwashed, but they truly do have this wash. They are blind and deaf.

Everyday he's being threatened,,,yeah right!  NOT!  Then again, he IS an ACTOR!!!!!!  EMPHASIS ON ACTOR!

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 12:15:25 AM »
Quote from: forsean;10526
Didn't know if I should even mention this or if it even matters anymore, and wasn't going to post but before I signed off for the night (have been doing schoolwork all night, I'm so exhausted!) I thought I should anyway. Seems like Luca, the brother, is telling more lies in Okrut (he's responding to someone else's post -- her post is first):

At first sight, entering the site of them, I was with the biological father with pity and even joined the orkut community.
But as I take greater knowledge of the facts, and seeing that people there are only interested in scolding and post attacks, typical militant radicals, without the slightest interest in the welfare of the child, I saw that this boy is better to stay here with your family that loves him.
I left there and come here with the conviction that is the side of truth.
Real dad is the one that creates, giving love, care, education, principles, which is next to every day!

Mar 8 Luca
Reply to Anna
Thanks Anna, this change means a lot to us! We want that the good boy! and we are constantly being threatened. Almost every day I receive emails scolding me and saying I am the next.
But I will not shut because of threats. We have to show what divuldar and eh the best for Sean.
Thanks
Luca.

Mar 8 Anna
Luca,
I know, I saw people in the community encouraging others to do this kind of thing.
That is no way to defend a cause.
If you are of the same opinion of them, great ....... but if they is not rock, xingam, threaten.
Talk that the boy has been brainwashed, but they truly do have this wash. They are blind and deaf.

Everyday he's being threatened,,,yeah right! NOT! Then again, he IS an ACTOR!!!!!! EMPHASIS ON ACTOR!
forsean...THANK YOU for posting this. This is a good example of why we should watch what we say on this forum. We can't afford to lose supporters b/c of name calling and bickering w/eachother.

My suggestions:

1. If you want to call someone a name say it to your husband, wife, brother, mother etc. Not on this forum. Although it may be funny, this proves it is innapropriate and will not help David.

2. If you have "beef" with someone take it "outside".
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline beerstuber

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 01:07:03 AM »
Our freinds on the Orkut sight are actually talking about us giving up or loosing interest in their community.  There seems  to be some disagreement among them though.  Some of them are not happy that we were kicked out.  I compared the profiles of several of themembers and many of them are actaully members of the Bring Sean Home Orkut sight as well.  This seems intersting to me.

They also seem to be having a debate about name calling and negativity as well.

On a different note, one individual compared our campaign to the war in Iraq.  You know, more American imperialism.  Could there actually be Brazilian imperialism........

Offline caique mateus

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 04:11:10 AM »
Quote from: Bindlerkids;9977
TRUTH AND JUSTICE!
In a Country where they DONT KNOW the meaning YET!!!

What a sad reality...

This kind of comment sure does not help bringing Brazilian people to the cause. Such kind of generalization is not just unfair, since there are good things in Brazil, just like there are unfair things going on in USA, but is offensive. How is that going to help David, or Sean, or the cause?