Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut  (Read 7982 times)

Offline forsean

Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 09:18:10 AM »
Quote from: caiqueemateus;10548
This kind of comment sure does not help bringing Brazilian people to the cause. Such kind of generalization is not just unfair, since there are good things in Brazil, just like there are unfair things going on in USA, but is offensive. How is that going to help David, or Sean, or the cause?

If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I don't think it was meant to be offensive...I think they are just speaking from the experience and history that's been related thus far in David's fight and his plea for help from the judicial system in Brazil to get his son back.  There has been no justice given to David -- this case is clear cut and he should have had his son returned to him years ago and we wouldn't all be here right now even having this conversation.  We are definitely aware that there are good things in Brazil and great people in Brazil!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »
I agree with Teena, no more silly name calling.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 10:48:40 AM »
Quote from: gail;10610
I agree with Teena, no more silly name calling.

Agreed.
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 02:24:46 AM »
Plus the MORE people know what you just said, the safer it'll be.  If something were to happen, who's the first group of people or person that'll be looked at.
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 02:27:22 AM »
Wendy I love your quote, about "It's better to be silent and be thought an idiot, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt!"
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline Aida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »
Quote from: forsean;10583
If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I don't think it was meant to be offensive...I think they are just speaking from the experience and history that's been related thus far in David's fight and his plea for help from the judicial system in Brazil to get his son back. There has been no justice given to David -- this case is clear cut and he should have had his son returned to him years ago and we wouldn't all be here right now even having this conversation. We are definitely aware that there are good things in Brazil and great people in Brazil!

:yeahthat:

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »
Quote from: beerstuber;10538
Our freinds on the Orkut sight are actually talking about us giving up or loosing interest in their community. There seems to be some disagreement among them though. Some of them are not happy that we were kicked out. I compared the profiles of several of themembers and many of them are actaully members of the Bring Sean Home Orkut sight as well. This seems intersting to me.

I am a member on Orkut, there's just enough english there for me to have gotten that figured out.  I joined the BSH group there AND the Leave Sean Alone group but I have since been removed from the LSA group and am no longer permitted to post...so ya I've lost interest. What's the point?  They are controlling everything as usual so are not even interested in freedom of speech.  They call it an open group but then remove people and don't allow them to post.  Seems like a closed group then doesn't it!?!?

I've never experienced such dishonesty in my life...it's almost shocking to me...I have a difficult time dealing with it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not honest to a fault, but I do believe that honesty is an important ingredient for strong moral character.  Obviously that's lacking in that family. Sean needs to get the hell out of there!!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.