Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dad fighting for full custody..Need Help!!!  (Read 2437 times)

Offline jerseymanny

Dad fighting for full custody..Need Help!!!
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
I obtained temporary custody of my child in November and now lost if Jan5th. I came home after work in November to find my child's mother intoxicated. I called the police and she left the apartment. I went to court and obtained temporary full custody. The judge asked his mom to attend AA and obtain employment. When I went back to court Jan 5th the judge terminated temporary custody and he went back to his mom. I need help finding a great attorney in NJ to bring my son back to me.

I have evidence proving his mother is an unfit parent but since I am going to court in Hudson County (Jersey City) everyone is telling me the courts there don't care about parents who use drugs or alcohol since there are more serious cases of abuse in that county. I cannot accept that as an answer and I need help to try and get my son back.

I cannot begin to imagine how many fathers on this site have suffered not even knowing where in the world their child is but I am also struggling knowing where my son lives and I cannot see him.

Any advice (lawyers,support) is much appreciated.

Offline JSheetz

• Daughters kidnapped by non-custodial mother -Spain
    • A Father's Love
Re: Dad fighting for full custody..Need Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »
This probably won't make sense to you (it took a long time working with child trauma therapist before I started to understand)
- limit yourself to saying "for my child's sake I won't ever say anything negative about their mother" (in the end, that's actually the worst thing you could ever say about her)
- focus on your love for your child (your effort not to say negative things about their mother is strong proof of that - enough to convince most judges and the court officials you need on your side)