Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Presented with absolutely no thanks to OCI and the US State Department  (Read 4145 times)

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
The happiest weekend of my life.
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline LBPOP

• Left Behind Parent
 :D  I pray you have many more!

Offline carlaleader

Beautiful pictures!  What is the status of your case?  How often do you get to see your boy? 

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
The status of my case is that the OCI gave me conflicting information on how the Hague process works in Brazil, they didn't care one way or another. The Judge in Brazil delayed ordering a hearing for over a year and then deliberately mislead the Brazilian BCA and AGU and the OCI about the date the hearing was to be held. No one on my legal team was therefore present at the hearing. The OCI said they did not know why no one showed up and didn't bother to ask. They absolutely didn't care how the hearing was conducted. Then the Brazilians then said they would not appeal the decision of the first level judge, the first time that has ever happened, and so my whole case was closed and shelved probably over 2 years ago.

So I went about this without the help of the OCI and anyone else.  Marty Pate gave me more advice and help than anyone at OCI that resolved my problems. Thankfully I got to a point where I deal solely with my ex and any and all agreements about seeing Noan I make with her. She is allowing me to see my son as often as I can afford to travel to Brazil and I also speak to him very regularly on the phone and can Whatsapp him every day and send him pics and messages that even if he isn't able to respond yet I know that he sees.

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
I haven't been on here in a long while. I'm glad to see you were finally able to go see your son. Even if it was in Brazil. He knows who his dad is and that is what's most important. Do not ever let that waiver and go see him as often as you can afford too. Believe me I know what it costs. I was surprised that you mentioned my name in your post but it made me feel good to know that at least someone listened and understood what it would take. I know you are still angry inside but the more you let go of that, the better YOU will be and be presentable to your son. Always remember that we have to take care of ourselves first before we can take care of anybody else including our loved ones . Mainly our children. Send me a PM with your number so I can give you a call. Thanks again for mentioning my name in your post. It gave me a great feeling.

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
Re: Presented with absolutely no thanks to OCI and the US State Department
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
Another great weekend just completed.

Offline LBPOP

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 11:32:21 PM »
Grrrrrrrrrreat!!! ;D  Mate!

That gives so much hope.
I'll be there...

Offline JSheetz

• Daughters kidnapped by non-custodial mother -Spain
    • A Father's Love
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 12:05:18 AM »
Noan Dad,
My partner and I set up a charity to deliver messages to children who are separated from a parent. We call it 'Fix the Boo Boo' for parents who can't always be there for their children [www.fixthebooboo.org]. The need for it came over 5 years ago when my 2 daughters were kidnapped by their maternal family to Spain. I haven't been allowed any contact with my daughters (now 8 & 6). I can't explain how badly I want to see them.

Anyway, at Harvard we found a leading therapist in early childhood trauma who specializes in abduction trauma we've been working with.[size=78%] [/size][/size](she's one of the [size=78%][/size]best in the world). She's been educated us what messages the children need to receive from me, which I post on website domains with the girls' names that I purchased. After a while, it occurred to me that I never would have known the things my daughters needed to hear from me - and most children grow up with a similar trauma as my daughters... with divorced parents. It seemed we could turn my tragedy (all left-behind parent tragedies) into a positive...We're just getting it started and are looking for help - if you're interested...Also, we're trying to rally support to petition US lawmakers to issue "public official inquiries" to their respective attorney generals - requesting a RICO case be filed to investigate the conspiracy to abduct my daughters to Spain.If 1 precedent-setting case were filed, it would open the flood gates to all other left-behind parents to get their children home!!![size=78%]

[/size]My 2 daughters Thanit and Athena (ages 8 & 6) both US citizens were abducted to Spain by their maternal family with the assistance of a law firm in Barcelona. We have emails between the family and a Barcelona law firm discussing plans for the kidnapping (after divorce had been filed in the US). The emails were legally obtained by authorized forensics experts.

The US court verdict last month authorized "any and all domestic and foreign politicians and law enforcement" to take whatever measures to IMMEDIATELY bring the girls into custody and return them to the US. (a copy of the verdict is at bringthanitandathenahome .blogspot.com )

Can politicians be asked to issue "public official inquiries" to their respective attorney generals requesting them to investigate the possibility of a RICO case for conspiring to kidnap US minors across international borders? (If so, that would pave the way to filing such cases in all international abduction cases -- it's physically impossible for one person to kidnap children abroad without assistance, by definition that's conspiracy - the fact that they're minors is a second federal offense, satisfying the criteria for RICO - RICO empowers prosecutors to freeze foreign bank accounts for the duration of the case (it's the only law that enables authorities to pre-emptively punish people across international borders) -- that hits them where it hurts and would bring a lot of children flying home...