Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "JPLSPress" Article on printed version of OGlobo today - does anyone have it?  (Read 5089 times)

Offline joey2051

He says David never tried any legal way to see his son. He chouldn't. He knows he couldn't. Maybe if you weren't such a XXX you would let him see him outside of the law. You don't even mention him trying too see him outside of the courts, through you because you never let him.  Why does there have to be a court order for him to see his own son!!!!!  I hope JPLS can't visit because he's sitting in jail.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
I can't read what this man writes, it makes me too angry.  He is so full of hate, lies and how dare he call himself the father of Sean.

Offline forsean

Quote from: gail;10619
I can't read what this man writes, it makes me too angry. He is so full of hate, lies and how dare he call himself the father of Sean.

I couldn't finish reading it either Gail, it really does make me sick to my stomach that he even thinks that Sean is his son.  The audacity to say that it will hurt him not to have his son by his side everyday!!!!!!...Hurt HIM???!?!?!?!?  Are you kidding me?!  DAVID IS THE ONE HURTING NOT HAVING HIS SON BY HIS SIDE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ok, I'm going to go puke now!

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
Clearly this man is more concerned about what is good for HIM and Sean's maternal grandmother and NOT what is in the best interests of Sean.  It's easy for them to say that Sean loves them...I'm sure he DOES!  I HOPE he does!!  It's easy for these people to say Sean is settled in his home since he's been there for more than 4 and a half years...but what about the four years he spent with David?  

They believe their own lies because they HAVE to.  I think they really do believe what they are saying and for that I pity them because they cannot do what is right, morally and ethically, for Sean.  They are so blinded by their own needs and desires that they cannot see that a child belongs with his natural parents when those parents want and love him...there IS no other argument to make here. JPLeS calling Sean HIS son, doesn't MAKE Sean his son...no words can take away the fact that David is that boys father.  Saying it, doesn't make it so and I think the Brazilian people are smart enough to figure that out.  I would hope that most of them are seeing how ridiculous it is to bring up stories like this and trying to create Anti-American hostility.

I'm done reading anything JPLeS or the grandmother says.  They are clearly grasping because they know Sean is coming home to David, where he belongs.
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Quote from: Wendy;10658
Clearly this man is more concerned about what is good for HIM and Sean's maternal grandmother and NOT what is in the best interests of Sean. It's easy for them to say that Sean loves them...I'm sure he DOES! I HOPE he does!! It's easy for these people to say Sean is settled in his home since he's been there for more than 4 and a half years...but what about the four years he spent with David?

They believe their own lies because they HAVE to. I think they really do believe what they are saying and for that I pity them because they cannot do what is right, morally and ethically, for Sean. They are so blinded by their own needs and desires that they cannot see that a child belongs with his natural parents when those parents want and love him...there IS no other argument to make here. JPLeS calling Sean HIS son, doesn't MAKE Sean his son...no words can take away the fact that David is that boys father. Saying it, doesn't make it so and I think the Brazilian people are smart enough to figure that out. I would hope that most of them are seeing how ridiculous it is to bring up stories like this and trying to create Anti-American hostility.

I'm done reading anything JPLeS or the grandmother says. They are clearly grasping because they know Sean is coming home to David, where he belongs.
I agree.  I don't want to read anymore of what they have to say and you are right, they do know he is going to come home.

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
Quote from: gail;10675
I agree. I don't want to read anymore of what they have to say and you are right, they do know he is going to come home.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHEN THE COURTS ARE GOING TO DECIDE THIS CASE??? ARE WE TALKING DAYS, WEEKS, ANOTHER 4 YEARS???

Sorry for YELLING but this part of it is very frustrating. What the heck is the hold up?

Offline Bo1

Quote from: heatheram29;10713
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHEN THE COURTS ARE GOING TO DECIDE THIS CASE??? ARE WE TALKING DAYS, WEEKS, ANOTHER 4 YEARS???

Sorry for YELLING but this part of it is very frustrating. What the heck is the hold up?

This is Brazil we're talking about heather.....I know people that have court cases here and they've been going on for 25 years!:nixweiss:

Offline forsean

Quote from: Bo1;10749
This is Brazil we're talking about heather.....I know people that have court cases here and they've been going on for 25 years!:nixweiss:

25 years?!?!!!?  that's ridiculous!  what do you have to do?...file something with the court when you're born?!  that's just preposterous to have to wait that long, just doesn't make sense.

Offline LDJVR

Quote from: forsean;10622
I couldn't finish reading it either Gail, it really does make me sick to my stomach that he even thinks that Sean is his son. The audacity to say that it will hurt him not to have his son by his side everyday!!!!!!...Hurt HIM???!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me?! DAVID IS THE ONE HURTING NOT HAVING HIS SON BY HIS SIDE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm going to go puke now!

Hurt his pride!! :burn:

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
Quote from: Bo1;10749

This whole thing started because they had a year to rule on the original charge and the courts (for some reason.. very fishy) took too long. This is all so unfair. Now they're doing it all over again, and blaming him for talking to the media. Who wouldn't?!

The US court system is not perfect.. not by a long shot. But one thing we have is the RIGHT to speak up; to call attention to things we believe are unjust. I thought the Brazilian government was the same.. but now it all seems fake. Is the freedom there (speech, due process) only an illusion?

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
I will try to make a couple of points when my head is not over a trash can to vomit.

• David choosing to stand on the sideline, away from his son for 4.5 yrs?  - Really??? So how did David know it would be so long? David filed this early. He had reasons to expect Sean could be home much sooner, maybe within a year....IF, IF, he didn't mess up his case and not follow the lawyers' advice. Still, he tried but Les/Rubiero played all of the stupid games. Such bullshit, as LeS says.
  • David not showing love to his son by staying away???? Really???  What shows greater love for your child, sacrificing what you think may me a little bit now (even though it was more than a little), or to sacrifice everything you have so that you can raise your son alone and be together as a permanent family??? IT IS THE LATTER, YOU P.O.S.  YOU GIVE AND YOU SACRIFICE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT BECAUSE YOUR CHILE IS THE MOST PRECIOUS THING ON EARTH!!!
Does anybody disagree?

Offline Bo1

Quote from: forsean;10770
25 years?!?!!!?  that's ridiculous!  what do you have to do?...file something with the court when you're born?!  that's just preposterous to have to wait that long, just doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense....a lot of things don't here. There's a lot of things here in Brazil that americans would find impossible, or at a minimum, very difficult, to accept.

Quote from: heatheram29;10794
This whole thing started because they had a year to rule on the original charge and the courts (for some reason.. very fishy) took too long. This is all so unfair. Now they're doing it all over again, and blaming him for talking to the media. Who wouldn't?!

The US court system is not perfect.. not by a long shot. But one thing we have is the RIGHT to speak up; to call attention to things we believe are unjust. I thought the Brazilian government was the same.. but now it all seems fake. Is the freedom there (speech, due process) only an illusion?

Actually they should have never ruled anything heather. Sean should've been sent back to the U.S. after 6 weeks to be heard by anyone at all regarding custody or any other issues. That's the whole point of the Hague.