Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Updated Teen Campaign to Address IPCA  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Shaye720

Updated Teen Campaign to Address IPCA
« on: January 30, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
I'm sorry for the update, the whole post did not seem to go through last time!
[/size]Bringmehome.ipca
[/size]My name is Shayden Smith. I am a 15-year-old from Dallas, Texas. I am the cousin of Nico Brann and the niece of Chris Brann. Nico was abducted by his mother from Houston, Texas to Brazil over 2 years ago. My Uncle Chris has been fighting to bring Nico home every single day. Our family has been devastated by my ex-aunt's decisions and by the Brazilian government’s bizarre interpretation of the protocols established by the Hague Treaty.
[/size]https://www.facebook.com/BringSeanHome/photos/a.10150750069286550.462080.274059391549/10153628728461550/?type=3[/color]
[/size]http://www.chron.com/houston/article/Brann-Hague-international-child-abduction-brazil-6638360.php[/color]
[/size]As a teenager, I have felt powerless to do anything, but it occurred to me that the many "adult" voices fighting to bring about awareness and change to this seemingly consequence-free crime may simply devolve into a dull hum over time. I began to wonder if children championing children would get the attention of our government representatives and infuse new energy into our cause.
[/size]It is with this in mind that I am seeking to create a teen social media campaign on Instagram entitled “Bringmehome.ipca”
[/size]My goal for this campaign is for teens to visit the page and "tag" their friends as well as their local civic leaders thereby generating interest in International Parental Child Abduction. I want to spark a grassroots discussion on ways to address the rights of the many young American citizens who are being illegally held by a foreign government.
[/size]To do this, I need permission from other Left Behind families to briefly tell their stories. Without additional stories this is "just" one more site about one more child (Nico) and unfortunately a single case will not produce the public interest that our plight deserves.
[/size]With a similar look and feel as the Instagram page “People of New York”, each family will provide its’ own picture(s) and will give a brief description about their journey by following a simple format. Left Behind Families would have final veto power over what it publicly displayed. For your review, the release of information and the format for submitting information is provided below.
[/size]It is my intent to band together in a common crusade to bring about change with the "hook" or "angle" of kids advocating for kids. This unique perspective may help us all. Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested in joining this effort. My goal is to start launching the campaign by Valentine’s Day.
[/size]Thank you,
 Shayden Smith
 I can be reached at: bringmehome.ipca@gmail.com

Offline FindingNico

Re: Updated Teen Campaign to Address IPCA
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 05:51:46 PM »
I'm sorry everyone who has tried to contact me, but I am unable to access my old account.
If you are trying to respond to my Teen IPCA Campaign, please email me at bringmehome.ipca@gmail.com or message me on this account.

Again I'm sorry if you've tried to contact me and have not been able to.

-Shayden Smith