Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My wife just left with our son to India without my knowledge  (Read 2943 times)

Offline MathewJT

My wife just left with our son to India without my knowledge
« on: January 31, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
Hello,

I'm hoping someone who has been through this can point me in the right direction.

About three weeks ago I moved out of our home, and in with my parents who live just 15 mins away. My wife and I have been married for about 3.5 years, and we have a 1.5 year old son. However, after years of constant arguments, I decided to step away.

I told her that I wanted a divorce, and we have an appointment set for this Tuesday 2/2/2016 to meet with a divorce mediator. My wife had started to restrict when I could visit my son, in the house that I was continuing to pay the bills for. But to prevent more arguments in front of my son, I decided to comply.

I had one such visit set up today Sunday 1/31/2016, but before I could head over I saw an email from my wife letting me know that she was already in India.

I have read a few blogs and all of the advice seems to point me in different directions. I'm in NY, am a US citizen, as is my son. My wife is a Green Card holder, but an Indian citizen.

What do I do? And where do I start? I understand I should probably hire a lawyer, but I'd like to understand what my next steps should be.

Any advice or direction would be tremendously helpful.

Thank you, Mat

Offline dstanley.manter

Re: My wife just left with our son to India without my knowledge
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:45:09 AM »
Matt, I'm going through the same thing right now and we may be able to assist each other. Please message me.

dstanley.manter@gmail.com

Offline BOKH

• Bring Our Kids Home
    • Bring Our Kids Home Website
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »
Hello Matthew and D Stanley,

Read your posts about child abductions to India. Bring Our Kids Home is a parent-led organization, we represent left behind parents whose children are abducted to India. Please visit our website bringourkidshome.org and share your case and contact info if you would like to get involved in our advocacy and victims support efforts.

Offline marini

• Where do pandas live ?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 08:37:16 AM »
Oh, that's the worst thing that she could do