Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I am a left behind parent need for help  (Read 1079 times)

Offline pabloag

I am a left behind parent need for help
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
Hello,

My name is Pablo. My wife took our three kids from Argentina to the US 2 months ago. The first month I was be able to do 4 skypes with them, but they cut me all comunications since two weeks ago.

I came to the US to see my kids, but I have no success. Now my wife put a restrainign order and I am not able to contact her for 6 months.

I need advice. I really can recognize my wife. I started a hague via Central Authority but I have no laywer to handle this yet.

Should I start with a lawyer? Should I leave time pass and see if I can use a mediator? If I start with a lawyer how will be the relation in the future with the mother of my kids?

Anyone that have lived this and tell me what to expect...

Thanks

Pablo

Offline edjhkim79

Re: I am a left behind parent need for help
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 10:48:05 PM »
Pablo,

I am pretty much in the same situation as you. Wife took my young son under the pretext of going for vacation and now refuses any sort of communication--it's been 6 months. All the advice I've gotten had one thing in common--get a lawyer to handle your Hague Case. I don't know about Argentina, but the lawyer I retained in Korea has been very helpful and informative. I tried going through the US State Department, but their role is limited to just sending in the Hague Application to Korea's Central Authority. The problem is the Central Authority just tries to talk to the abducting spouse and if they're unreasonable and refuse to cooperate, there's little else the Central Authority can or will do. Of course, mediation is the best solution, but for me, my wife won't budge and won't be reasonable. Retaining a lawyer is definitely recommended based on my experience so far.

I've lost my one and only son so I can't imagine losing three beautiful and precious children. God speed to both of us and I pray we see our children soon. Be strong my friend.

Offline marini

• Where do pandas live ?
Re: I am a left behind parent need for help
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 08:39:55 AM »
I have friend that was in the same situation, but after 2-3 years his wife come back