Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice needed to stop Court from issuing a Passport  (Read 1797 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline HelpWithExN

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Advice needed to stop Court from issuing a Passport
« on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:38 PM »
I am in need of help to prevent my ex from receiving a Passport for our child.  He plans to ask the Judge at our Final Hearing in 2 weeks.  We have been embroiled in litigation for the last 3 years (all post-divorce) as the ex cannot stop bullying me.

I have discovered RED flags recently that indicate the ex may try to abduct.  1.  Ex has been traveling to Peru 75% of time since Jan. 1; 2. Ex is apparently working down there and on a project through 2020; 3. Ex started pushing for a passport in Dec & attempted to get me to notarize the form so ex could get it without my presence; 4. Ex met and married Peruvian National while there; 5. Ex listed house for sale; 6. Ex has no real ties to the area we live in; 7. Ex has access to family money

I am fearful that the Judge will only see that we do not get along as we have been in and out of court over the last 3 years.  I have visited the DOS site to get the 2015 Abduction report, enrolled our child in the Passport Issuance Alert Program.  My atty is very flippant about how the Judge will order a passport since Peru is in Hague Convention & ex has not previously kidnapped.

HOWEVER, my research shows that there is only a 50/50 shot at getting the child back through the Hague Convention (which is a very slow process anyway) and that Peru is listed as Non-Compliant in the Annual Report on International Parental Abduction written by the DOS.

Ex, myself and child are ALL US citizens.

Are there any statistics on Judge's ordering passports be given and the child was abducted?  Any other help on what to do would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:15:16 PM by HelpWithExN »

Offline Andrew

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 53
    • Bring the Twins home
Re: Advice needed to stop Court from issuing a Passport
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 01:35:55 PM »
Can your Ex get a Peruvian passport for the child through his new wife?  Get a Child Abduction Prevention Order (California has it as Form FL312) that prevents him for getting passports (any passport in the child's name) and then serve it on the Peruvian embassy or consulate.  If you know which airline he uses to travel to Peru, serve your custody order and Child Abduction Prevention Order on the airline.  Just hurdles to help make it more difficult.