Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Son Abducted to S. Korea-Nightmare Only Getting Worse  (Read 1177 times)

Offline edjhkim79

Son Abducted to S. Korea-Nightmare Only Getting Worse
« on: September 12, 2016, 01:14:58 AM »
As with all the cases I've read on this forum and others, my soon to be ex wife took my one year old son to S. Korea under the pretext of another vacation and decided not to come back or let me be with my son. She has told me that unless I move to S. Korea, there will be no "us". I've already filed the papers for divorce and custody in my US jurisdiction, but Korean Attorneys have told me that Korean courts will always award the mother primary custody due to their anachronistic Tender Years Doctrine. My son's birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I can't even be there for him. Since the day he was born, she has denied me any parental rights and did everything her way, taking him to her parent's place whenever she wanted and for usually up to a month or even longer. Her parents enabled this behavior by paying for her plane tickets and now, they are harboring her in their house and helping her keep my son hostage in Korea. I know I will face a huge uphill battle and it's been next to impossible trying to find current information on the best way to move forward. After reading/watching videos on the limited impact of the Hague and local enforcement, I am already feeling weary, defeated, and disillusioned. I cannot imagine a worse evil than one spouse, with the help of her family, abducting a child and keeping that child away from their own father from such a young age. I can't believe that anyone could just take their child and abscond without any consequence to the catastrophic damage they are inflicting on their left behind spouse and their own child. I will fight tirelessly to see my son returned home, but I fear if and when that time comes, he won't even know who I am since he is still so young.