Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Follow up News Report on Nicole's Abduction  (Read 17047 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: Follow up News Report on Nicole's Abduction
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »
Quote from: paigefaust10;10636
Tim, you're making me cry....how you have the strength to go through what you're going through is amazing to me. What kind of questions did your son ask and how did you reply?
Each day, he asks more questions to try to understand the situation. He is using David's case as a conduit to try to understand what is going on with him and his sister. Today he was asking why I can't simply talk to the judge to tell him what I want. I have been telling him for months that only the judge can decide what happens to him. He couldn't understand(nor can I) why the judge hasn't made up his mind yet. Interestingly, I just got an email from one of the other left-behind fathers who said that he got a phone call from the judge(who the case was just transferred to) who extended an invitation to meet with him in person to talk about the case. It seems that some judges are good and others simply don't care. Let's all cross our fingers that this new judge sets a precedent.

He was also asking questions about who children would live with if a parent was dead/in jail/mentally unstable,etc. and why I hadn't gone on television like David. I explained to him that I didn't want to make his mom angry. We also talked about what I could do if the judge decided that he needed to stay in Brazil. I explained that I could disagree and ask someone higher to agree. I gave him an analogy using school where the principal is above the teacher and the owner of the school (most schools in Brazil are private) is above the principal.

He understands that his mother and I disagree on where he and his sister should live. What he doesn't understand yet is that he is in Brazil illegally.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:47:50 PM by tweinstein »

Offline paigefaust10

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 07:40:53 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;10926
Each day, he asks more questions to try to understand the situation. He is using David's case as a conduit to try to understand what is going on with him and his sister. Today he was asking why I can't simply talk to the judge to tell him what I want. I have been telling him for months that only the judge can decide what happens to him. He couldn't understand(nor can I) why the judge hasn't made up his mind yet. He was also asking questions about who children would live with if a parent was dead/in jail/mentally unstable,etc. Interestingly, I just got an email from one of the other left-behind fathers who said that he got a phone call from the judge(who the case was just transferred to) who extended an invitation to meet with him in person to talk about the case. It seems that some judges are good and others simply don't care. Let's all cross our fingers that this new judge sets a precedent.

Tim, I'll not only cross my fingers, but I'll pray for you and your children. You know what really pisses me off about this whole thing is that you all are GREAT fathers! You want to be there for them. There are children out there that would be so lucky to have you, David, Marty, Devon or Ralph (I know there are more but I don't know their names and I don't mean to leave out the left-behind mothers) to have you as their father. Then you have those "sperm donors" who don't deserve to have that job as a parent. I just don't get it.

With that said, I know that David has paved the way for all of you to hopefully get your children back in a somewhat timely manner. And you can be sure that we will not forget you once Sean comes home. He is just the beginning of the fight. :)

Offline Aida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 09:26:45 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;10926
Each day, he asks more questions to try to understand the situation. He is using David's case as a conduit to try to understand what is going on with him and his sister. Today he was asking why I can't simply talk to the judge to tell him what I want. I have been telling him for months that only the judge can decide what happens to him. He couldn't understand(nor can I) why the judge hasn't made up his mind yet. Interestingly, I just got an email from one of the other left-behind fathers who said that he got a phone call from the judge(who the case was just transferred to) who extended an invitation to meet with him in person to talk about the case. It seems that some judges are good and others simply don't care. Let's all cross our fingers that this new judge sets a precedent.

He was also asking questions about who children would live with if a parent was dead/in jail/mentally unstable,etc. and why I hadn't gone on television like David. I explained to him that I didn't want to make his mom angry. We also talked about what I could do if the judge decided that he needed to stay in Brazil. I explained that I could disagree and ask someone higher to agree. I gave him an analogy using school where the principal is above the teacher and the owner of the school (most schools in Brazil are private) is above the principal.

He understands that his mother and I disagree on where he and his sister should live. What he doesn't understand yet is that he is in Brazil illegally.

Tim i will have you in my prayers. Let's hope all the children will come home.  :)

Offline alleycat

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »
How wonderful.... and congratulations......    I hope this will Transpire soon for you !

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 12:09:27 AM »
Marty, are you still going to Brazil with Rep Poe? When and what is planned to happen while you are there?

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »
Is Marty in Brazil right now???

If so I hope everything is going well....
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »
Quote from: rachelle4;15241
Marty, are you still going to Brazil with Rep Poe? When and what is planned to happen while you are there?
I spoke to Marty and for now, he is not going to Brazil with Representative Poe. This does not indicate in any way however that Mr. Poe has lost interest in the case.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
Quote from: Teena;15363
Is Marty in Brazil right now???

If so I hope everything is going well....
His trip is scheduled for May.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
Where is Marty?  Haven't seen him around in a while. I know he's been frustrated lately. I'm a little concerned about him though. Have you heard from him at all?
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »
Quote from: Wendy;16717
Where is Marty?  Haven't seen him around in a while. I know he's been frustrated lately. I'm a little concerned about him though. Have you heard from him at all?
I actually spoke to him yesterday. He is doing well and working on things outside of the forum.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »
Ok..thanks.  Hope he'll let us know if we can help.
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 02:01:41 PM »
What is going on with this case?  We haven't had any update, has there been any news Marty?

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
I just spoke to Marty today. At this point, he is focusing his efforts on maintaining (and hopefully improving, if that's possible) his relationship with his daughter while she is in Brazil. He, like I, feels very fortunate to still have a quality relationship with Nicole. I think that David's victory will ultimately lead to good news for others, though at this point, the rest of the cases are "stuck in the mud".

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »
Quote from: gail;60249
What is going on with this case? We haven't had any update, has there been any news Marty?

Gail,

I am going to visit Nicole for her birthday. I leave on January 8th and get back on January 23rd. She did tell me that is the best birthday present I could give her. So she's still with me on the same wave length. She misses her daddy very much and is very excited that I'm coming. As far as what's next? Well I have no clue. I do know that 12/24/09 changed everything for me, Tim, Ariel, Devon and all the others.

I am in direct contact with the State Department, the BCA and Congressman Ted Poe's (R-TX) office in DC. I have their full support with whatever I decide for my next move. And of course I have my new family. All you guys here.

I guess it all depends on Nicole's mother and how she acts while I'm there for two weeks. I will let you guys know when I get back. I'll post a new thread soon about my trip and when I'll be back. Thanks for asking and let's keep the momentum going while it's hot down there.

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2009, 02:47:31 PM »
Have fun Marty! Safe travels!:)