Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Victor Collins Abduction from Massachusetts  (Read 10333 times)

Offline sonia

Re: Victor Collins Abduction from Massachusetts
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 02:09:24 AM »
i meant: "why Brazil can't Help you" they are ilegal in the coutry aren't they?
and how could they travell without your "permission"? are you saying if i go to the airport with a child, i can get in a flight to Brazil? no questions asked?

Offline Davis1

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »
Quote from: sonia;29135
i meant: "why Brazil can't Help you" they are ilegal in the coutry aren't they?
and how could they travell without your "permission"? are you saying if i go to the airport with a child, i can get in a flight to Brazil? no questions asked?
You can travel overseas from the US with your children without a spouse's permission. Yes. I do it all the time. Of course I would never "not return", I love my husband and my children too much to do such stupid thing. But yes, unfurtunatly the US does not require any permission.

Sean - Defetely check with an amercian laywer and ask about payments. I bet you do not have to send the payments to Brazil. I would think you have to make the payments but maybe you can keep it here for when your son returns. Don't pay kidnappers. Your story is too sad. I am praying for you.

vjw757

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 07:18:41 AM »
Man this sure does sound like a conspiracy. Do you guys think that there is a conspiracy in brazil to where girls are made to have a child with an american for the sole purpose of taking the child and blackmailing the guys so they will send money back to their country?

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 08:47:05 AM »
Quote from: Davis1;29159
Sean - Defetely check with an amercian laywer and ask about payments. I bet you do not have to send the payments to Brazil. I would think you have to make the payments but maybe you can keep it here for when your son returns. Don't pay kidnappers. Your story is too sad. I am praying for you.
I have discussed this with Sean at length. There is no reciprocal agreement between Brazil and the United States, thus, there is no way for Brazil to enforce the order. However, he does not want to get in trouble by violating a U.S. order. I recommended that he pay into an escrow account that is only accessible with his child in the United States. I had this discussion about 2 months ago. I imagine that he has by now had a judge chance the child support order to reflect this.

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »
Quote from: sonia;29134
i don't understand, if she is not brazilian, and her parents are not brazilian either, why is Brazil can't hel you in returning your child?
what is the explanation?

Because Brazil has  become internationally known as a safe haven for Kidnapped Children.......Pied Piper of S.A.
And because the family court judges are either ignorant, or on the take.

Offline Davis1

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »
Quote from: tweinstein;29179
I have discussed this with Sean at length. There is no reciprocal agreement between Brazil and the United States, thus, there is no way for Brazil to enforce the order. However, he does not want to get in trouble by violating a U.S. order. I recommended that he pay into an escrow account that is only accessible with his child in the United States. I had this discussion about 2 months ago. I imagine that he has by now had a judge chance the child support order to reflect this.
You are good friend. Good advice.
I pray for all of you LBP, may God give you all the strengh you need for the fight.

Offline Sean P. Collins

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;29179
Hi, Mr. Weinstein

When I went to family/probate court in April, it was ordered by the judge that child support would be suspended until the return of my son. In fact, a lot has happened legally since the abduction and I guess I should update my page.

"
Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done…here endeth the lesson."

Offline Caldwell

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »
Sean,

I am new here (just a couple of weeks), and this whole issue of children being abducted and held in a foreign land has grabbed me right in the gut.  Tonight I finally had some time to start looking at the cases other than the Goldman case, starting with yours. Man, this is heartbreaking and maddening beyond words.  I have two kids and I JUST CANNOT IMAGINE what it would feel like to be in your shoes. Just  completely and totally unimaginable.  I am committed to doing what I can to end this nightmare, which starts with getting a meeting with my local Congressman --come hell or high water-- to get him to sign on to 2702.   I hope you can keep your wits about you as you work through this challenging period. It looks like there are some really good people here to help you through.
Pass HR 3240
Please visit links to HR 3240.  We need this bill passed now for the 2,800 other abducted American Children!

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 05:55:41 PM »
Mr. Collins, since you say you read here every day even without signing on, I will mention I sent you a PM.