Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ********* I can't imagine......********  (Read 2659 times)

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
********* I can't imagine......********
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:29:19 PM »
I got a call from my 6 yr olds school today telling me that he was sick....

I went and picked him up, brought him home, got him some medicine, and laid w/ him til he drifted off to sleep.....

I can't imagine having my right to do that stripped from me....

I'm sooooo sorry that David and all of the left behind parents are having to go through what they are......

I CANNOT IMAGINE.......

We CANNOT let up now. Dave's case is the 1st and the most visable but it is not the only one.

Do not get complacent. Stay focused. Be vigilant....

I cannot imagine.....

Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
Re: I can't imagine......
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:48:38 PM »

I second that.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline LAB

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »
Yes!  Do not get complacent.  Stay focused.  Be viligant!

Is everyone on board for the Sunday and Monday - Contact "60 Minutes?"

Please e-mail Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.Org

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 12:05:03 AM »
Thanks LAB!

But no need to email me! Just click on the link in blue below and sign up!!!!!!!!!!
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline CarpenterSteve

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 12:31:26 AM »
Quote from: jl2saint;14449

I went and picked him up, brought him home, got him some medicine, and laid w/ him til he drifted off to sleep.....

I'm sooooo sorry that David and all of the left behind parents are having to go through what they are......

I CANNOT IMAGINE.......

We CANNOT let up now. Dave's case is the 1st and the most visable but it is not the only one.

I cannot imagine.....

I unilaterally nominate this post for newly (Just this minute)formed BringSeanHome.Org "Sum it up in a nutshell post of the Month" award.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

jl2saint, you win absolutely nothing but the satisfaction in knowing you hit the nail on the proverbial head.

Bravo! thank you for putting it so eloquently and appealing to peoples sense of righteousness and compassion!

May I suggest conveying those exact thoughts in a video :):):):)

See the WE NEED YOU and YOUR COMMENTS appeal! (All comments may be used for a concerted "Get this message across loud and clear" effort)
Stephen P McKenna
Administrator - BringSeanHome.org

WE NEED YOU and YOUR COMMENTS

ONGOING EFFORT - KEEP SENDING EMAILS TO THE UN!!!

Offline mfer

• Veteran Member
Re: ********* I can't imagine......********
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 02:42:05 AM »
I was driving to meet friends for dinner tonite & saw a billboard on a bus stop.
BE A DAD TODAY - encouraging fathers to get involved in their children's lives.  I sat & looked at it for a moment.  The picture of the father holding up his child & thought of David.  Here in this day & age when there are absent fathers how is this amazing man & father deprived of pouring every ounce of love & encouragement into his son's life?  Why would anyone stop this most precious of relationships, this unique bond?  This love & bond will not fail - I have to believe this.  Love & truth will win out.  We will all fight for it & the powers that try to supress it will be diminished.

Offline CarpenterSteve

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:13:22 AM »
I do believe we have a theme.

I can't imagine....
Stephen P McKenna
Administrator - BringSeanHome.org

WE NEED YOU and YOUR COMMENTS

ONGOING EFFORT - KEEP SENDING EMAILS TO THE UN!!!

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:03:26 AM »
Quote from: CarpenterSteve;14466
jl2saint, you win absolutely nothing but the satisfaction in knowing you hit the nail on the proverbial head.

You also win the admiration and respect of several of your fellow BSH supporters. Thanks for putting into words what so many of us are feeling.

Let's keep the momentum going!!

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »
I don't think this will be a popular view, but here goes:

I worry that we're throwing all we've got a all the big media outlets without paying attention to the risk of the attention reaching a crescendo and then nobody wanting to carry the story again because its old news and they think the audience is tired of it. I also am concerned about the timing because our international news right now is seemingly dominated by the very real danger at the Mexican border, so maybe David wouldn't get the right level of coverage. I don't want to have to beg the big media outlets to give David's story repeat coverage later because we spent all of our bullets too fast.

I'm just offering a thought for consideration. Please don't blast me for it.

Thanks!

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 07:36:21 PM »
Quote from: AnotherDad;14518
I don't think this will be a popular view, but here goes:

I worry that we're throwing all we've got a all the big media outlets without paying attention to the risk of the attention reaching a crescendo and then nobody wanting to carry the story again because its old news and they think the audience is tired of it. I also am concerned about the timing because our international news right now is seemingly dominated by the very real danger at the Mexican border, so maybe David wouldn't get the right level of coverage. I don't want to have to beg the big media outlets to give David's story repeat coverage later because we spent all of our bullets too fast.

I'm just offering a thought for consideration. Please don't blast me for it.

Thanks!

There's always going to be big and old news... that's how it works... but the developments of the story always bring new points of consideration, there's always going to be food for reporters' speculations and --- this is about an International case that has just "hit home" (Brazil) and, while to some this may be seen as 'old news', in Brasil they just began to cover it a few weeks ago; now their media is talking about it! it is the development of the story that will keep the audience attention and the supporters tuned! The ruling is coming and there will be loads of news on the issue... besides... Sean is not home yet.... so we'll need to keep the attention of the public, gov't officials here and, of course, of the media to the case, as this is going to enter a new chapter in just a few weeks, or days ;)
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »
Quote from: jl2saint;14449

I CANNOT IMAGINE.......

I cannot imagine.....

I am personally very impressed that you are able to understand so well what our experience is like and i'm glad you are able to appreciate the little things that we so often take for granted.  It's very hard for me to even see children.  It's painful to see them doing even the smallest, most trivial things with their parents and I always want to stop the parents and tell them how lucky they are because I know they probably don't even realize it.  Every moment is priceless...
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 09:36:55 PM »
Quote from: carlos;14547
I am personally very impressed that you are able to understand so well what our experience is like and i'm glad you are able to appreciate the little things that we so often take for granted. It's very hard for me to even see children. It's painful to see them doing even the smallest, most trivial things with their parents and I always want to stop the parents and tell them how lucky they are because I know they probably don't even realize it. Every moment is priceless...

Carlos this is now a part of nearly every moment I have with my son.  Today for example, I watched him playing in the backard of a friend.  He was climbing trees, collecting bugs, cracking branches and whipping them around.  And I thought of Sean.  Then he ran inside to tell me about the spider they caught and how they caught a worm to feed it and that spiders like to eat anything as long as "there's a lot of meat in it!".  And I thought of Sean.  Then my friend and I took the boys for a walk and they picked up a huge tree branch and each one put an end on their shoulder and began marching with it chanting that they were rich...and I felt rich beyond belief in that moment...and again I thought of Sean.  We went to dinner with our friends and Liam wanted to crawl onto my lap...he's 6 so this is getting more awkward but I thought of David and how he's missed out on this and again I thought of Sean as I cuddled Liam on my lap and told him how much I love him.

Everytime I think "oh Liam, mommy's tired right now, can we do that later" I stop and think that David and all LBPs don't have a 'later' and I get up and do it now.

Being involved in this has changed my life...for the better.  I know it's made me a better mother.  But mostly it's made me more determined than ever to make sure that Sean gets home to his father and that all abducted children find their way home!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 12:10:53 AM »
Quote from: Mom25;14541
There's always going to be big and old news... that's how it works... but the developments of the story always bring new points of consideration, there's always going to be food for reporters' speculations and --- this is about an International case that has just "hit home" (Brazil) and, while to some this may be seen as 'old news', in Brasil they just began to cover it a few weeks ago; now their media is talking about it! it is the development of the story that will keep the audience attention and the supporters tuned! The ruling is coming and there will be loads of news on the issue... besides... Sean is not home yet.... so we'll need to keep the attention of the public, gov't officials here and, of course, of the media to the case, as this is going to enter a new chapter in just a few weeks, or days ;)

Hi Mom25 (Mom of Many Names),

I'm only speculating about it getting hard to get anybody to run anything on David's story after it has gotten a certain amount of play. You know how it is. They're more ratings driven than compassionate. For instance, David's situation is infinitely more newsworthy than the daily happenings of the octomom (I'm sorry for the earlier reference-was j/k), yet they won't shut about her, while we have to fight for every second of coverage for David. I'm worried that soon they will all just tune us out on US TV shows. Even the Today show may have its limits. I just hope we are strategic in our efforts.
Thanks!  :)

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 09:54:43 AM »
Quote from: CarpenterSteve;14466
I unilaterally nominate this post for newly (Just this minute)formed BringSeanHome.Org "Sum it up in a nutshell post of the Month" award.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Bravo! thank you for putting it so eloquently and appealing to peoples sense of righteousness and compassion!

May I suggest conveying those exact thoughts in a video :):):):)

See the WE NEED YOU and YOUR COMMENTS appeal! (All comments may be used for a concerted "Get this message across loud and clear" effort)

Thx for the kind words...I just had a moment where I realized how important it was to push on......

As far as the "video" is concerned, I'm technologically Amish but will try later today.....Might put my son in his "Help Bring Sean home" shirt that he wants to wear to school everyday....

As far as "winning" anything, I've already won as I'm here as a supporter, not a LBP. We are all here to help you win. Win the God given right to raise your children......

As far as being "eloquent", even Dave will tell you that my name and that word don't often collide in the same sentence......:)

Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 10:08:04 AM »
Quote from: carlos;14547
I am personally very impressed that you are able to understand so well what our experience is like and i'm glad you are able to appreciate the little things that we so often take for granted.
Thx, but I'm not totally without experience. I did have a year long custody battle with an ex here in the U.S. and it wasn't pretty. She has since decided not to be a parent at all.  So as a single parent, you get involved in EVERY facet of your childs development. It's not just baseball in the back yard......

It's very hard for me to even see children. It's painful to see them doing even the smallest, most trivial things with their parents and I always want to stop the parents and tell them how lucky they are because I know they probably don't even realize it. Every moment is priceless...

I'm sorry to hear that. And I thought about that before posting pictures on this site and others. I know that if my son was away, it would be hard for me also.

But I also think that it's important to let people know that other CHILDREN also understand and are involved. My son has often said "I bet that little boy is sad. I would be sad if I couldn't be with you".

Peter

JL