Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ********* I can't imagine......********  (Read 2657 times)

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
Re: ********* I can't imagine......********
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
Quote from: AnotherDad;14518
I don't think this will be a popular view, but here goes:

I worry that we're throwing all we've got a all the big media outlets without paying attention to the risk of the attention reaching a crescendo and then nobody wanting to carry the story again because its old news and they think the audience is tired of it. I also am concerned about the timing because our international news right now is seemingly dominated by the very real danger at the Mexican border, so maybe David wouldn't get the right level of coverage. I don't want to have to beg the big media outlets to give David's story repeat coverage later because we spent all of our bullets too fast.

Hmmmm. A tough one......

I think you spend all of the bullets when the oportunity presents itself. And you get THE FIRST one done, set the precident, raise awareness,  then regroup and more forward w/ others......

No doubt that after Sean is home, other LBP's will struggle to get media coverage like Dave is getting. But you will have this case to point to in court and the newly formed "foundation" that can help you right away, not 4 years after the fact......

As far as Dave's coverage, NBC is a committed network and I think they are doing the same thing we are right now, WAITING. M Viera seems to have taken a personal interest and I think they will keep Dave in the news until something happens because they want to be the 1st ones there WHEN something happens.....

And don't forget, I'm SURE that when Sean is home the attention will then turn to the others. I can hear Dave now saying "there are 50 others, 100 others, 200 others", and so on. So raising the awareness to others will happen.....
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
I agree about Merideth & NBC, to a point. She does have to answer to people who will change gears if it suits them. God forbid there isn't some new, gigantic newsmaker that sucks all the wind out of the room for all other stories. The Mexican drug thing is already a problem in my view. I was mostly referring to efforts like 60 minutes and Oprah and stuff like that. Maybe if we stagger some of these things then the story won't wear out in the media. Anyway, I don't mean to push my thought. I just want to put it out there for consideration. I don't mean to sound argumentative about it.

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 10:53:55 PM »
Quote from: AnotherDad;14710
I agree about Merideth & NBC, to a point. She does have to answer to people who will change gears if it suits them. God forbid there isn't some new, gigantic newsmaker that sucks all the wind out of the room for all other stories. The Mexican drug thing is already a problem in my view. I was mostly referring to efforts like 60 minutes and Oprah and stuff like that. Maybe if we stagger some of these things then the story won't wear out in the media. Anyway, I don't mean to push my thought. I just want to put it out there for consideration. I don't mean to sound argumentative about it.

Dude, you are fine.....

Just like "Sully" landing in the Hudson, Dave's story will get bumped if something like that happens......

And right now is a "down time" because there is "NO STORY" to report other than Dave is waiting.......

There will be a story when something happens or when nothing happens for toooo long......
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 11:10:15 PM »
Quote from: carlos;14547
I am personally very impressed that you are able to understand so well what our experience is like and i'm glad you are able to appreciate the little things that we so often take for granted. It's very hard for me to even see children. It's painful to see them doing even the smallest, most trivial things with their parents and I always want to stop the parents and tell them how lucky they are because I know they probably don't even realize it. Every moment is priceless...

I will tell you honestly that I appreciate my son more each day because of what I have heard about this story and on this board....

The LBP's have made me more aware and appreciative of my son and his everyday life and happiness.....He gets mad at me for how many times I kiss him a day......lol

I am lucky! I don't have to suffer the pain that the LBP's do......

But know that your fight has made a difference in others lives. And because of that, others WILL be with you until you reunite with your children......

We will pray and work towards that end until that happens.....

Peter

JL

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 03:11:12 AM »
I am having a extremely hard time with "Debbie Downers" I'm a LBP also and I come here to help and support.  SUPPORT meaning...I want to read an write about the things we CAN change an what we HAVE changed.  NOT stuff that's out of our hands and we have NO control over!!!  It's depressing enough, and I'm not goin to come on here and drag others down b/c of what if's.

Yes this is a place come and let our hair down, and like I said, support and get that back in return.  But just STOP pulling on that mental brake dude.  Yu're wearing them out!!!!!!!!
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 03:30:59 AM »
Also everyone, PLEASE go to the thread WE NEED YOUR HELP AND COMMENTS!!!  A very talented young student is putting together a video for and about Sean and David.  He NEEDS MORE!!!  Something light and reflective.  Apporx. 30 sec in length give or take.  Go see and try and help with this one.  ESP all of us LBP's, b/c when it's your turn, you're gonna want every effort too.

Thanks, we all so rock!!!

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 06:49:15 AM »
The link is wrong, I don't know what I did.  But the thread is still by jrellos and he's doing the video project.  Lets help him out

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 06:51:21 AM »
Please help us we need your voice this is the thread jrellos11, he needs our vidoes by Friday or SOONER!!!!

Thanks

Disregard link, it's wrong, crap

Offline KimmyRN

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 02:08:37 PM »
Quote from: jdv28;14926
I am having a extremely hard time with "Debbie Downers" I'm a LBP also and I come here to help and support. SUPPORT meaning...I want to read an write about the things we CAN change an what we HAVE changed. NOT stuff that's out of our hands and we have NO control over!!! It's depressing enough, and I'm not goin to come on here and drag others down b/c of what if's.

Yes this is a place come and let our hair down, and like I said, support and get that back in return. But just STOP pulling on that mental brake dude. Yu're wearing them out!!!!!!!!
I agree with jdv28, life is hard enough. Let's see how we can help now! Let us all work together for the cinderella ending.
Kimmy