Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: May 25 International missing childrens day + Sean's Birthday  (Read 2116 times)

Offline KathleenK

May 25 International missing childrens day + Sean's Birthday
« on: March 02, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
May 25th is international missing childrens day.  This day was created as such 26 years ago by then President Regan.  It is internationally recognized as such.  It also happens to be Sean's birthday.  This case has generated a great deal of global awareness to the problem of international parental abuduction, a growing problem.  The big  picture is that as tragic as this case is, and all the others are, this forum is becomming a grass roots organization to help all left behind parents, and the children who are no doubt suffering from parental alienation.  If GOD FORBID, Sean is not returned by his birthday, I think that a world wide event should be organized to help highlight parental abductions and the damage and suffering they create.  An absentee birthday party?   What do you all think?

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
Re: May 25 International missing childrens day + Sean's Birthday
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
I think that's a great idea!!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline rcgracia

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:36:20 PM »
Quote from: Wendy;1572
I think that's a great idea!!

Le'ts pray the Sean will be here to celebrate!!:)

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 06:44:14 PM »
How ironic is that??? Missing childrens day being on Seans Bday
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 07:15:54 PM »
Quote from: rcgracia;1573
Le'ts pray the Sean will be here to celebrate!!:)

Of course that would definitely be the hope.  But there are still a lot of other children who have been abducted to Brazil and remain there.
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline KathleenK

Offline Ceilli

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
What a great day for a birthday! :)

I certainly hope Sean will be home by then.

Offline joey2051

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
Seriously when is this sh** going to end.  Here is a father, who was awarded custody, but then she ran away!  They know these things happen, when are they going to step up.  Yes that is horrible, but is yet another case that gives more "evidence" that there is power and influence in play in David's case.  I don't think anybody can deny that now.  The Lins E Silva won a case for a father, very similar situation, and in this, very similar case, the father won; obviously somethings happened in David's Case.

I don't even want to touch on the flight risk issue.