Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Email exchange with G1 - O Globo  (Read 5128 times)

Offline kathryn

Re: Email exchange with G1 - O Globo
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:02:57 PM »
Bob,
Well done! You are a good friend to David - Thank god he has you and others to support him day to day and I'd like to say Thank you to everyone else onthis blog for supporting, pushing and informing one another. We will assist with getting sean home where he belongs - hope to meet most of you at the rally
Kat

Offline Shar

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:06 PM »
Bob....Your letter is perfect!  You're a fabulous communicator.  I'm reading between O Globo's lines that they would love to set a TRAP for David—seeking to make him the bad guy and blaming David for negatively affecting relations between Brazil and the US—in an attempt to turn Brazilian citizen's against David.  They can't be trusted!  They have no right asking David to comment on the political fallout.  

If he grants any type of interview, please insist that they also publish photos of David's choosing—specifically those that refute the lies they told in their earlier article. I'd love to see the photo of David and his ex-father in law splashed on a cover page...the one where Raimundo has his arm draped affectionately around David (at the beach).  It certainly undermines the negative picture of David the family is now trying to paint and makes them look as dishonest as they are.  Obviously, they either loved him or were setting him up.

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 12:35:31 AM »
Quote from: Bob D'Amico;1701
Monday, March 2nd

Dear Mr. Damico,

I write for G1, the website for Globo Network, in Brazil, and I am sending this message because we would like to interview Mr. David Goldman about his campaign to be reunited with his son. The brazilian media has returned to pay attention to the story this week, and we thought it would be important to put it on the internet as well (Globo's newspaper already published an interview with him today). We think it is important to discuss how this case is going to affect the relation between the two countries now that the US has a new administration. And it would need to hear what Mr. Goldman has to say. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

-----------------------------
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: brazilian media request
Date:     Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:27:56 -0500
Reply-To: bob.damico@bringseanhome.org
To: Dxxxxxxx Bxxxxxxx
References:

Mr. Bxxxxxx,
Thank you for your inquiry. After the sudden disappearance of the so-called "gag order" on the Brazilian media and the blatant character assassination printed by O Globo newspaper on Saturday the 28th it is my personal opinion that Mr Goldman forsake additional cooperation with any O Globo media outlet. Nevertheless since the story was broken in Brazil by O Estado de San Paulo and now turned into a bawdy tabloid scandal by O Globo we have reaped an astronomical number of new Brazilian supporters for the Bring Sean Home campaign for which we are sincerely grateful.

Further, although this campaign started and is coordinated  in the United States, an integral part of our organization includes numerous Brazilian citizens from various professional backgrounds. They are good decent people, full of heart and compassion, who understand that our cause is NOT the "U.S. versus Brazil," it is simply one boy, one father and the rule of law as agreed by the member nations of the Hague Convention.

I would like to take this opportunity to correct just one of several egregious falsehoods printed by O Globo -  Mr. Goldman did not organize, nor does he own, operate or participate in the bringseanhome.org website.  Mr. Goldman did not begin this Internet campaign, we,  his friends did because we knew it would be a vital platform to reach out to millions of readers around the world. A 12 year old kid with any understanding of the functioning of the Internet could determine who owns and operates bringseanhome.org in less than two minutes.  And let me unequivocally assure you that there are no costs, nor profits associated with the website. It is provided without any cost whatsoever to the campaign. Our bond of friendship with David Goldman and promise to help him overcome a 4-1/2 year travesty of justice, ethics and morality, to re-unite with his son, is all that matters.

It is solely Mr. Goldman's decision on whom he speaks with, therefore I am passing your request on to him for his personal answer. Please be patient, I think Mr. Goldman may be traveling today.

Sincerely,
Robert D'Amico
BringSeanHome.org

yes!! that was great! that was REALLY good!!!
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 12:38:02 AM »
Quote from: Shar;1878
If he grants any type of interview, please insist that they also publish photos of David's choosing—specifically those that refute the lies they told in their earlier article. I'd love to see the photo of David and his ex-father in law splashed on a cover page...the one where Raimundo has his arm draped affectionately around David (at the beach).  It certainly undermines the negative picture of David the family is now trying to paint and makes them look as dishonest as they are.  Obviously, they either loved him or were setting him up.

GREAT IDEA!
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 12:39:11 AM »
Hi Bob,

Like everyone else here, I am literally nauseated by this whole affair and want David to get his boy and begin the long, difficult and expensive battle that is to come after he gets Sean back home. This will be such a culture shock to young Sean and he may not adjust well early on, even with counselling, which will be essential. That is all for another post, but I had to get just a little of that off of my mind.

Regarding your letter to O Globo and all of the support you've gotten for it, I'm reminded of some of the basic things I've learned about public relations and diplomacy.
  • While your/our feelings about this and your possible advice to David is right there where we all agree, would it help David more to take the interview with minimal demands (i.e. O Globo not editing David's answers/comments and/or demanding another print story, but on the following Monday since time is of the essence)? I'm reminded of the way it always sounds in the medial when they say they tried to contact/interview/hear from someone and couldn't get a reply. They also like to report about how many demands you made to give the interview.
  • I have all of these images in my head from growing up and seeing our (U.S.) diplomats/Presidents shaking hands and spending lots of time with reps from so many countries which were either our enemies or behaved in ways that were unfathomable. Many times those horrible-tasting baby steps paved the way for later progress. O Globo sucks, but can't David win them over, slowly (with pro help at every turn)? They could eventually become an ally of sorts, perhaps.
  • Can David be provided with a good legal and PR team for the interview, which has experience with Brazilian culture, etc.?
  • This could be a help for David if done well. So much of David's (and supporters') efforts have not paid off, and frankly, so many hopes and expectations as expressed within the forum don't sound realistic. Like you said, it is a man and his boy, not US v. Brazil, or Obama v. Lula. David needs a break. It sure would help if Obama would just mention the topic during his public comments while Lula is at the White House
We all simply must collectively get that boy back here quickly, and pray he is not taken away and hidden to avoid the probable ultimate court decision in David's favor.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:54:22 AM by AnotherDad »

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 07:30:07 AM »
Not sure if this has already been posted, but found this article this morning. Brazzil Mag's Jackie Greenberg's letter to O Globo Editors and Journalists:

http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/10593/1/

She does a great job of reprimanding them for their tabloid journalism techniques.

Thank you, Jackie!!

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2022, 03:47:54 AM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2022, 01:10:53 PM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatehttp://killthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurve????machinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting