Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Counterpoint Article - US Compliance Failure  (Read 3595 times)

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Counterpoint Article - US Compliance Failure
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:34:15 PM »
I have published an article written as a foreign parent with a child brought here to the US - it is not likely to be flattering at first sight for American readers but I urge those who do read this to bear in mind that just as parents with children abducted overseas go through a bewildering maze with average success the same is applied in reverse for those like myself struggling with the American attitude, nationalism and legal process.

Debate is welcomed but keep an open mind please.

http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com/2009/04/international-child-abductions-are-two.html

Also more from Tim Weinstein shortly and Ken Connolly, one of the very first child abduction victims to spur action in the US and author of "Throwing Stones".
Emily's Dad - Karl Hindle
karl4work@gmail.com
http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
For those who didn't figure it out, Karl was talking about his own daughter. According to his website, he has spent about the same amount of money as David Goldman in his fight for Emily. He is now continuing his fight pro-se (without an attorney) as he has effectively run out of money. Just this month, he saw his daughter for the first time in 3 years.

Before the Bring Sean Home campaign, I had few people to share my story with. Unfortunately, after the initial offers of sympathy, most people just didn't want to talk in detail about my pain.

I think that through this article, Karl has shared with us what he has been holding in for years. I couldn't find a "thank you" for this, so I'm sending a hug instead. :hug:

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Quote from: KarlHindle;19540
I have published an article written as a foreign parent with a child brought here to the US - it is not likely to be flattering at first sight for American readers but I urge those who do read this to bear in mind that just as parents with children abducted overseas go through a bewildering maze with average success the same is applied in reverse for those like myself struggling with the American attitude, nationalism and legal process.

Debate is welcomed but keep an open mind please.

http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com/2009/04/international-child-abductions-are-two.html

Also more from Tim Weinstein shortly and Ken Connolly, one of the very first child abduction victims to spur action in the US and author of "Throwing Stones".
I thought you said it was the UK that would not pursue the Hague because you two were not married.  Is that correct?  I'll read this, but wanted to know the answer to that question.  I understand that the US should send the child back, but also the UK should be doing something.  Yea or nea?

Offline Priss

This was an eye opener.  Its like the pot calling the kettle black, I hope I said that right.  Perhaps one of the things that BSH needs to do is work at changing some of the legislation here in regards to abduction.  No matter what country the Hague Treaty should be at the top.  We are dealing with children that should not have to wait for the government to do the judicial thing it is irrelevant.  We have the Hague and that should supersede everything else.  Of course unless their is proven documents stating that the parent is unfit as in a police report among other things.  NOT on a persons word, people lie.  Does anyone know where we need to start to get this ball going?

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Quote from: Priss;19554
This was an eye opener. Its like the pot calling the kettle black, I hope I said that right. Perhaps one of the things that BSH needs to do is work at changing some of the legislation here in regards to abduction. No matter what country the Hague Treaty should be at the top. We are dealing with children that should not have to wait for the government to do the judicial thing it is irrelevant. We have the Hague and that should supersede everything else. Of course unless their is proven documents stating that the parent is unfit as in a police report among other things. NOT on a persons word, people lie. Does anyone know where we need to start to get this ball going?
I agree.  And what are the laws if the parents were never married?  Is it the same?

Offline SteveW

Quote from: gail;19557
I agree. And what are the laws if the parents were never married? Is it the same?
According to the Hague, being married is NOT a criteria.  The criteria is simply did the person have rights of custody.  
The removal or the retention of a child is to be considered wrongful where –
a) it is in breach of rights of custody attributed to a person ...

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
Re: Counterpoint Article - US Compliance Failure
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 05:19:42 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
Re: Counterpoint Article - US Compliance Failure
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 02:14:48 PM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.ru????kilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ru????machinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru