Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AAML Issues Statement in Support of Sean Goldman's Return to the US  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
Re: AAML Issues Statement in Support of Sean Goldman's Return to the US
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »
now a letter to the AAML (next thing you know I'll be getting sued!)

To whom it may concern:

It has recently come to my attention that you have as a member of your organization one Paulo Lens e Silva of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Your membership criteria states:

7. The applicant must be recognized by the bench and bar in his or her jurisdiction as one who practices with honesty, integrity, and professionalism. Prior incidents of professional discipline shall be considered.

I am writing to you today regarding the lack of honesty, integrety and professionalism that Mr. Lins e Silva and his son have practiced with regards to the case of an American boy, Sean Goldman, who was abducted by his mother in 2004 and has been kept from his father since.

This family has been extremely active in the violation of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, a Convention that Mr. Lins e Silva has been an avid supporter of...until, in my opinion, it is inconvenient for him to do so. He has stood by for nearly five years while his son flouts this convention, ties up the courts with half-truths and appeals, and continues the abduction of Sean Goldman, in spite the tragic death of Seans mother in 2008. I’m sure you are familiar with the case. If not then I urge you to visit www.bringseanhome.org and educate yourself on what this family has done and what David and Sean Goldman have had to endure. Mr. Lins e Silva himself is shown in live video discussing the detriments of Parental Alienation, something that Sean Goldman has been experiencing since his mother abducted him and which continues today.

I would strongly suggest that honesty and integrity are not necessarily being practiced in this case and I urge you to re-consider the membership of Mr. Lins e Silva based upon his association with his son in this case. I am not asking you to take my word on this topic, neither am I accusing Mr. Lins e Silva of anything other than what can be readily available to anyone who chooses to look for it.

I hope that you will take my letter seriously and investigate for yourself the truth of this situation. Brazil has been cited four years in a row for non-compliance to the afformentioned Convention. The fact that this family continues to perpetuate this indicates to me a serious lack of professional integrity. I invite you to investigate and draw your own conclusions.

Kindest regards,

Wendy Irving
David & Sean Goldman supporter

History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 12:42:47 PM »
Mine:

Dear Sirs:

It has been brought to my attention that Paulo Lins e Silva, family lawyer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is a member of your organization. As you may be aware, Paulo and his son Joao Paulo, also a lawyer, are personally involved in an international abduction case, where they blatantly disregarded Brazil's signing of the Hague Convention.

I think it is morally and professionally damaging for IAML to have them on as members. They have used their local power and influence to dribble the law and to retain Sean Goldman, who is David Goldman's son, after the death of the boy's mother. This is an international case of large repercussion and I sincerely believe your organization would never support the actions of Paulo Lins e Silva.

Thank you for your attention,

Grace Farrell
Washington D.C.

Offline TomD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »
Please take note that the IAML and AAML are 2 different associations.  Wendy and Grace I think have sent messages to the IAML which are appropriate since PLS is a member.  He is not a member of the AAML (nor is JPLS) so don't get that confused.  There is no need to write to the AAML at this time as they issued the favorable press release about David's case.  This thread refers to the AAML press release, but then messages shifted to the IAML.  IAML in Inter-American Matrimonial Lawyers.  AAML is American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:05:57 PM by TomD »
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
doh! I wrote to both..I thought I saw he was a member of both!?  Oh well..I'm sure they will inform me of my error and at the very least, take any application he might put forward a little more seriously!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 01:16:15 PM »
Good letter Wendy.  Please let us know if you get a response.

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2022, 04:47:17 PM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru