Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No VISA required for Brazil  (Read 164 times)

Offline LBPOP

• Left Behind Parent
No VISA required for Brazil
« on: May 28, 2019, 07:03:01 AM »
I've read that starting this June 2019 US citizens will not be required to get a VISA to enter Brazil like most other countries in South America I believe.

That's a relief when and I think it may be safe to visit my son there after I get sound legal advice about doing so and support when I get there.

Does anybody know what other implications of this change will have on other Left Behind Parents that have a child in Brazil?

A while back My wife was aggressively trying to get me to visit my son for "1 day" which I found odd and sent off alarms that this was some sort of set up knowing her past history of past actions and deceptions.

I was thinking if this was so there would be less tracking as far as Brazilian consulates go and less forewarning of your visit. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Regardless though knowing the corruption there I have heard even if you have no legal action against before you came one can probably be started as soon as you arrive.

I don't remember exactly but I think you had to give an address where you would be staying on a tourist card on the arrival plane prior to disembarking in other South American countries not requiring a VISA. It's been so long. I don't remember exactly.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask if there are any support groups in Brazil for Left Behind Parents trying to visit their child and offer assistance or good resources they may offer. I'm still researching this myself.

Anyways I'm glad the forum is back up and running. What happened? It was down for the longest time and I emailed but got no responses.

I believe this forum is the most important tool to help and reach out to other Left Behind Parents whether or not they are using the H-Convention to seek the return of their child.

My case was more of my retaining our child and staying in Brazil after we both visited Brazil for sometime and then I returned to the US first as planned as we had done before compounded with the campaign of lies and manipulations in the divorce and custody case in which she received a free legal team and me with nothing as I had sent about all the money I had to support her and get some agreement or conversation of her returning to the US as agreed.

Still to this day she denies the thousands I sent her and reported this in the cases even though I have the receipts.

According to the parental alienation law in Brazil I understand it is illegal to manipulate and lie in court proceedings for your favor and further alienate the left behind or non-custodial parent. Although I suspect in reality the law is not enforced especially to aid any foreign left behind parents.

I would welcome any honest open advice based upon real experience in Brazil specifically.

Right now after many years troubled with this I have realized you have to move forward with your life and take care of yourself if you are going to have any success in the future in terms of long term plans.

I've emailed some attorneys in Brazil willing to pay for expert advice but no replies. It seems if you don't want to spend big money on some expensive court case that most likely reap no benefits and only serve to agitate the taking parent and their family the attorneys would rather not deal with you.

Even the hope that my son will reach out to me someday if I do things to facilitate that it may be met with rejection after years of being poisoned or brainwashed. My ex-wife is a very resourceful manipulator of people and a good actor that had me fooled for years even becoming a "Negative Advocate" for her against people that treated her "unfairly". I was caught off guard years later when I became the target rather than the supporter.

It took a while to realize the pattern consciously. The one book I read and subsequent research really solidified this:

Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking your life back when someone you care about has borderline personality disorder.

That's literally like it was like walking on eggshells. Always wrong in her reality like everyone else. Apologizing for something I didn't need to apologize for just to get some peace. I believe I modeled that from my own father growing up.

LBPOP